CIIC has created an innovative, clean and safe method to produce medical radioisotopes. The approach is trailblazing and responsive to global trends on production technologies, customer preferences, and governmental decisions that are pushing medical isotope production away from using reactors.
To this day, the world’s supply of radioisotopes is produced in a handful of unreliable nuclear reactors. Our innovation is creating a new radioisotope production process that is clean, reliable, diversified, and easily scalable, using a linear accelerator, often referred to as a LINAC, is a particle accelerator that fires electrons, neutrons, or protons in a straight line.
CIIC was able to achieve this by commercializing state-of-the-art research and technology created by the team, at the Canadian Light Source (CLS). Our proprietary LINAC technology and production methods were developed with the support of the Government of Canada and Province of Saskatchewan.
CIIC’s approach has many advantages:
– Uses existing, proven technologies for irradiation and processing;
– Scalable, from a regional single accelerator installation to globally distributed, multi-location facilities;
– Easier licensing and lower costs permit construction close to clients, reducing product decay loss and logistics issues;
– No uranium and little radioactive waste results in low security, storage and remediation costs;
– Facility licensing is much easier with costs much lower than for reactors; and
– A fully integrated supply chain allows for excellent costs control.
Our proprietary solution can produce pure Cu-67 and Mo-99 at a lower cost per dose than competing technologies, due to lower distribution and processing costs. Furthermore, our production facilities are more easily scalable than reactors and more supply can be brought online to meet growing world demand.
Contact us for more information!