CIIC seeks to recruit a Radiochemical Technologist to participate in innovation of the product cycle, particularly focused on production and regulatory activities. The successful candidate will be involved in dissolution and processing of radioisotopes, documentation of processes, radiopharmaceutical evaluations, drug regulatory documentation and facility development.
Duties of the position include:
- Execution of operational activities related to the production and purification of radioisotopes on a regular basis;
- Perform dissolution and processing of the irradiated targets using tele-manipulators;
- Perform quality control analysis of raw materials and final products per standard operating procedures;
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment such as automated chemistry modules, analytical balance, HPLC, Gamma spectrometer, radio TLC scanner;
- Prepare labware for the experiment;
- Maintain accurate Isotope production records and validation test results;
- Assist in the transitioning research processes to cGMP compliant process and development of new SOP’s;
- Prepare and submit samples to the external analytical lab;
- Adherence to Radiation Safety, Drug Establishment License, and cGMP procedures in all aspects of radioisotope production, dispensing, quality control and equipment maintenance;
- Maintain a clean, orderly, clutter-free and safe work environment, including a well-organized production and workflow area; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A recognized degree or diploma in chemistry, pharmacy or related field.
- Work experience in radiochemistry, experience with cGMP requirements and compliance, and with aseptic processes is an asset.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and be a dedicated team player.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of various chemicals and, in particular, radionuclides;
- Experimental skills and demonstrated ability to carry out laboratory techniques, including good documentation;
- Experience in analytical chemistry techniques (e.g., thin-layer chromatography, ICP-MS, GC, HPLC, endotoxin) and with radiochemistry modules (e.g., qualification, troubleshooting and maintenance).
- All techniques and activities require compliance with strict regulatory requirements, including requirements of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, Health Canada, Transport Canada and the US Food and Drugs Administration.
- CIIC provides a competitive compensation package commensurate with the level of education and experience. The package includes supplemental health & dental, life insurance, pension plan and 4 weeks of annual vacation.
Apply to email@example.com