CIIC seeks to recruit a Radiopharmaceutical Technologist to participate in innovation of the product cycle, particularly focused on production and regulatory activities. The successful candidate will be involved in dissolution and processing of radioisotopes, documentation of processes, radiopharmaceutical evaluations, drug regulatory documentation and facility development.
Duties of the position include:
- Execution of operational activities related to the production and purification of radioisotopes on a regular basis;
- Perform dissolution and processing of the irradiated targets using tele-manipulators;
- Perform quality control analysis of raw materials and final products per standard operating procedures;
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment such as automated chemistry modules, analytical balance, HPLC, Gamma spectrometer, radio TLC scanner;
- Prepare labware for the experiment;
- Maintain accurate Isotope production records and validation test results;
- Assist in the transitioning research processes to cGMP compliant process and development of new SOP’s;
- Prepare and submit samples to the external analytical lab;
- Adherence to Radiation Safety, Drug Establishment License, and cGMP procedures in all aspects of radioisotope production, dispensing, quality control and equipment maintenance;
- Maintain a clean, orderly, clutter-free and safe work environment, including a well-organized production and workflow area; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A recognized degree or diploma in chemistry, pharmacy or related field.
- Work experience in radiopharmaceutical with medical isotopes, experience with cGMP requirements and compliance, and with aseptic processes is an asset.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and be a dedicated team player.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of various chemicals and, in particular, radionuclides;
- Experimental skills and demonstrated ability to carry out laboratory techniques, including good documentation;
- Experience in analytical chemistry techniques (e.g., thin-layer chromatography, ICP-MS, GC, HPLC, endotoxin) and with radiochemistry modules (e.g., qualification, troubleshooting and maintenance).
- All techniques and activities require compliance with strict regulatory requirements, including requirements of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, Health Canada, Transport Canada and the US Food and Drugs Administration.
- CIIC provides a competitive compensation package commensurate with the level of education and experience. The package includes supplemental health & dental, life insurance, pension plan and 4 weeks of annual vacation.
We are a team of dedicated professionals committed to innovating the radiopharmaceutical industry by producing clean, pure medical isotopes without the use of outdated nuclear reactors.
Mark de JongChief Technology Officer
Beryl LepageChief Financial Officer
Beryl is responsible for financial, administrative, and human resource management. Beryl oversees all aspects of capital and operational funding and expenditures including all contractual arrangements. … More...
Doug UllrichVP Engineering
Doug Ullrich leads the design and development of technology to safely produce and handle the radioactive isotopes. His unique technical background - knowledge of world-class quality management systems, nuclear regulatory affairs and nuclear global supply chain issues, are demonstrated in… More...
Vijay GajaOperations Manager
Dr. Vijay Gaja leads all operational aspects of CIIC product development and production. Utilizing his extensive knowledge of radiochemistry and various radionuclide production platforms, Vijay has developed and optimized the processing, separations and purification of radiopharmaceuticals… More...
Hao ZhangEngineer, Operation & Control Systems
Hao Zhang is a Professional Engineer responsible for the engineering design and implementation of critical control and safety systems. Hao manages the linear accelerator facility operation, as well as project management for the development of the novel accelerator technology and… More...
James dela CruzEngineering Physicist
James dela Cruz provides key operational support for isotope production including the accelerator and instrumentation for processing, purification and quality control of the medical isotope products. James also leads the computational support for the production performance of the target… More...
Taylor MelnychukRadiopharmaceutical Technician
Taylor joined the CIIC production team after graduating from the University of Saskatchewan with a Bachelor of Science in Physiology and Pharmacology. She is a key participant in the production cycle, particularly focused on quality control activities. She is involved in dissolution and… More...
Canadian Light Source
The Canadian Light Source is a national research facility, one of the largest science projects in our country’s history, and the brightest light in Canada—millions of times brighter than even the sun—used by scientists from around the world in ground-breaking health, environmental,… More...